Being on the road can mean missing out on time with family, friends, and summer parties. The upcoming 4th of July holiday brings BBQ’s, fireworks, the celebration of our Independence, and of course fun activities like sparklers! Veltri drivers are lucky enough to be home for most of these important events, but we know that isn’t the case for every driver out there.
At Veltri, we value our drivers safety, happiness, and health first and foremost, which is why we have put together some seasonal wellness tips to help everyone have their best year yet:
- Try Not to Stress. We know that higher traffic volumes, distracted drivers, increased construction and summer storms can easily get under your skin some days. Here are five ways to reduce your stress while on the road.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Just because you are inside a cab doesn’t mean the heat and rays of the sun pass you by. Make sure you have sunscreen and appropriate clothing available along with plenty of water to drink to keep you from too much sun exposure.
- Stretch It Out. Summer is a great time to take breaks, get out of your truck and enjoy the fresh air. Exercise boosts your endorphins, supports your body and mind and can help you feel more comfortable while you’re driving and making deliveries.
- Stock Up on Fruits & Veggies. Snacks are a must when you’re driving all day and summer is the perfect time to grab fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t Skip the Celebrations. Just because you’re on the road doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the summer fun and celebration. There are plenty of meals that can remind you of the comforts of home and using technology you can still be a part of family memories in the making. Small decorations or seasonal treats can also help brighten up your cab.
- Maintenance is a Must. Summertime can cause tire blow-outs, brake wear and tear and you may find you need to top off on fluids more often. Don’t skip your maintenance checks just because the sun is shining.
Summer is an important time for drivers to focus on their health and practice extra vigilance while on the road. We know what a great career driving is, as well as the demands that come with it. Veltri drivers miss out on less family time with ten paid holidays a year as well as the luxury of being home for dinner every night. If you are interested in a great truck driving career, while still having more time for work-life balance, contact us today!